Head of Product
Early Years education represents a major area of public investment. The government recognises that every £1 invested in Early Years is the equivalent of £10 invested in Primary and £100 in Secondary Education and as such currently invests £5.2 billion annually in early education. This is set to rise to £6.4 billion by 2020. The value of investing in Early Years education is increasingly recognised internationally in both developed and emerging markets.
Connect Childcare Group is the UK’s leading supplier of management software to the UK Childcare sector and our award-winning EdTech solutions are now implemented in over 2,500 Nursery sites nationally including 11 out of the top 20 nursery groups in the UK. Our systems help to streamline back-office administration and improve the management of their nurseries, the observation of their children and the communication with over 260,000 parents.
This is a great role to join Connect at an exciting stage in our development as we transition our product suite to the cloud.
What you’ll be doing
- Working in a tight-knit team and reporting directly into the CEO, you’ll have overall responsibility for the business’s core software product and the product management function
- You will be someone with ambition and drive who wants to act as the voice of the customer to drive our product-led growth strategy and support our international expansion
- You will be the primary driver of the product vision and translating this into a strategic product roadmap incorporating market trends and customer insight
- The business is in the process of re-launching their product as a web-hosted, cloud SaaS product and you will be playing a leading role in helping them on this journey
- As well as the software delivery side to product management, you’ll have ownership of the more commercially strategic product elements – go to market strategy, commercial forecasting and managing the transition of a (very) loyal customer base as they adopt a new style of product
What experience you’ll need
- We’re looking for a well-rounded senior and strategic product management professional with a track record of delivering new software products (ideally cloud-based) to market
- You’ll be equal parts technical software product delivery person and commercially minded go-to-market product person
- Experience of owning desktop / on-premise and web-hosted / cloud software
- Experience in managing teams of Product Owners and working well with Development teams
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The salary on offer is fantastic for the right person as well as the chance to work with a close-knit team, with a fantastic culture, a modern office and a flexible working environment.
If you want to work for an exciting EdTech business who are using cutting edge technology to improve educational outcomes for children – then please get in touch ASAP