Development Engineer (SQL/Backend)
Connect Childcare are looking for a Development Engineer (SQL/Backend) to join our busy Development Team.
Essential Requirements and Experience:
- Expertise in MS SQL Server Application Development (2012, 2014, 2017)
- Experienced in T-SQL Stored Procedures with business logic.
- Experienced in APIs and integrations.
- Strong design pattern-based development approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of release management
- Experience of Git source control system.
- Experience of JIRA and Agile development.
- Strong experience of .Net (ASP.Net, MVC, Entity framework, C#) development an advantage
- Work within a dedicated team to maintain and develop the Connect Childcare suite of applications
- Document processes and system changes within a product knowledge repository
- Participate in work package technical analysis and estimation processes.
- Provide scalable solutions for existing and new platform offerings.
- Take ownership of tasks assigned and carry through to a positive outcome
- Work on initiatives to implement new tools and ways of working as requested by management
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for areas of the CC systems
- Collaborate with other business areas to define solutions
- Help support with complex tasks and 3rd line customer queries
- Report time and task progress accurately
- Participate in team discussions to define solutions for implementation by the company
- Assist team in achieving company and team objectives
- Comply with statutory and company policies and procedures
- Help create a fun, healthy and productive team culture.
24 annual holidays plus statutory days, 1 additional holiday for your birthday, Company Pension Scheme, Free Parking; Free Drinks and Fruit, cycle to work scheme, flu vouchers, Bupa cash plan. Two organised events per year, lunch provided once a month and free onsite Gym.